Radish & Rye's Farm-to-Fork Facilitators handle every aspect of the retail operation from receiving deliveries from farmers through the back door to sending it home with customers through the front door. They work to maintain the high quality of the food we receive, package it for retail sale, stock it on the shelves, serve as sources of crop and cooking information for customers, and process customer transactions.
Specifically, time is spent:
- Assisting customers at checkout and on the grocery floor; responding to customer inquiries via phone
- Prepping produce for sale (weighing salad mix, bagging mushrooms, etc)
- Receiving deliveries
- Stocking/re-stocking & merchandising displays and monitoring backstock levels
- Cleaning, including dusting, glass cleaning, sweeping, dishes, etc
- Coordinating with co-workers to manage processes and tasks
- Maintaining the deli area, including cutting bread and cheese for pre-packed sale and to order, including working a slicer
- “Personal shopping” e-commerce orders, including all aspects of the fulfillment process (picking orders, packing orders, running orders to customer cars)
As a small organization, things run most smoothly when everyone has a niche but is also able to move fluidly in different roles. It’s the very definition of a dynamic work environment.
What we’re looking for:
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Extremely reliable and punctual
- Hardworking, self-managing, and problem-solving
- Personable, friendly, and welcoming; able to easily engage with a diversity of people, smoothly collaborate and co-exist with co-workers, and generally contribute to a culture of respect, excellence, and growth
- High levels of personal integrity and maturity
- Quick-learning, quick-thinking, quick-doing, and flexible
- Mastery of basic mental math skills: able to convert common fractions to decimals (and vice versa), make change, and do simple unit conversions
- Able to quickly and accurately ring up customers
- Able to stand for 8+ hours/day, and lift 30-50 lbs
- Able and willing to cook with, eat, and talk about products across R&R's offerings
Bonus points for:
- Passionate about good food - especially local/seasonal food - with skills and knowledge to match, or eagerness and ability to learn
- Commercial kitchen skills, such as knowledge of food safety principles and regulations, knife skills, etc.
- Retail grocery experience, including knowledge of stock rotation, merchandising, register, etc
- $13-18/hour depending on experience and schedule
- Two weeks PTO per year, earned proportionate to time worked
- 15% discount on store purchases
- $25/week food credit
- Access to additional food through spare CSA shares, inventory shrink, etc.
- Free parking for staff
- A fun and rewarding work environment!
We are currently hiring for one or two full-time or part-time positions with Wednesday through Sunday schedules, hours TBD. (The store is open Weds thru Fri, 12pm-7pm, and Sat & Sun, 8am-5pm. Shifts may start before or end after these times.) Weekend availability is required.