McGrath’s Bakehouse Mechanicsburg, PA
Kevin and Melinda McGrath fell in love baking bread together in Michigan before getting married and bringing their shared passion back to Melinda’s hometown of Mechanicsburg. After baking bread for family and friends here in PA, the couple launched an IndieGoGo campaign to help fund the construction of McGrath’s Bakehouse — the wood-fired brick oven bakery in their home.
All of the McGrath’s breads are 100% naturally leavened, meaning that there is no added yeast and the grains are fully fermented. Many people find that naturally leavened breads are not only more delicious, but that they are also more digestible.
- 100% naturally leavened
- Heart-baked in a wood-fired brick oven
- All organic grains
- High quality ingredients
- Hand shaped
- Family owned & operated
McGrath’s breads are available fresh every Friday and Saturday on a rotating basis. The line up is:
- McGrath’s Original
- Sesame Original
- A rotating pan bread (ie, shaped like a “normal loaf”) such as Irish Oatmeal, Whole Wheat, Country or Caraway Rye, etc.
- A “cheese” bread, such as Cheesy, Jalapeno Cheddar, Everything, Parmesan Peppercorn, or Parmesan Olive Herb.
- A fruit or nut bread, such as Cranberry Pecan, Cranberry Orange, Cinnamon Raisin, Nutty Irishman, or American Harvest
- A seeded or whole grain loaf, such as Prairie or Three Seed
Baguettes are available fresh every Saturday (starting at 9am), and are usually available frozen on Thursdays and Fridays.
A selection of frozen McGrath’s breads is often available, but not guaranteed.