Apple Valley Creamery East Berlin, PA
Apple Valley Creamery provides Radish & Rye customers with high quality grass-fed milk and other dairy. They offer both raw milk (unpasteurized) and pasteurized milk and cream, from grass-fed pastured cows eating a 100% vegetarian and non-GMO diet.
The dairy farm has been owned and operated by the Stoner family since 1928. In recent years, as farming operations became bigger throughout the country, small family owned and operated dairy farms have struggled to remain profitable.
Instead of going with the trend of expanding the size of the farm, the Stoner family chose to start selling milk directly to the public as a way to keep their small farm in business. Apple Valley has been operating an on-farm store selling their own milk as well as high quality foods from a variety of other local producers since 2006. In December 2007 the farm expanded its operation by offering a home delivery service.
Apple Valley Creamery believes that local foods from sustainable farms taste better, are fresher, and are better for you and the environment.
- Animal Welfare Approved
- Pastured cows
- No rBST or rBGH hormones
- No preventative antibiotics
- No pesticides on pasture; very limited herbicides
- Rotational grazing, cover crops, & crop rotation
- Supplemental feed is 90% grown on-farm; 100% non-GMO, vegetarian, & additive-free
- Spring thru Fall diet: 50% grass; 50% hay, corn silage, grains, and other natural vitamins and minerals
- Winter diet: 50% hay; 50% corn silage, oatlage, grains and other natural vitamins and minerals
- Closed herd of Brown Swiss, Holstein, and Jersey cows
- Family owned & operated
- Whole Milk (pasteurized & homogenized)
- Raw Milk (unpasteurized)
- Skim Milk (pasteurized & homogenized)
- 1.5% Lowfat Milk (pasteurized & homogenized)
- Chocolate Milk (pasteurized & homogenized)
- Half & Half (pasteurized)
- Heavy Cream (pasteurized)
- Grass-fed Butter (pasteurized)
- Lemonade (all natural)
- Black Tea Lemonade (all natural)