We take exposure and risk mitigation very seriously and are working hard to keep our environment safe for you and for us. Here are some of our mitigation protocols:
- All staff, vendors, and customers are required to wear masks on the premises at all times.
- Staff are asked to limit high risk activities outside of work to mitigate the risk of bringing an infection in.
- We have plexiglass shields at all checkout counters, hand sanitizer available for use, and extra masks if you forget yours. We’re sanitizing cart and basket handles between customer uses. We’re also, as always, engaging in normal food safety/good hygiene habits. In keeping with the latest guidance and scientific thinking, we’re not doing much “extra” cleaning of surfaces beyond the baskets and carts (no hygiene theater, just the stuff that matters).
- Occupancy is limited to six customers at a time; we ask that you do a quick scan of the store upon entering and wait outside if you’d bring us over that limit.
- We’ve installed needlepoint bipolar ionization treatments on all five heads of our mini-split ventilation system. In addition, we have an air exchanger and a kitchen hood that wants nothing more than to bring the outdoors in.
- Online ordering/curbside pickup will continue indefinitely — forever, we think — for those who prefer not to venture in — or who just find it more convenient!
- We limit contact while delivering orders, and sanitize hands/baskets/bins between order deliveries.