- Want to receive this newsletter via email? Sign up here.
- We’re open for pre-orders/curbside pickup ONLY. Click here for more info, or here to start shopping! Order any day; pick up Tuesday thru Sunday.
- New since last week: honeycrisp apples, goat cheddar, monterey jack, Robin’s Koginut squash, yummy snack peppers, Bartlett pears, sweet potatoes, and a whole slew of lamb! (And probably more that I’m not thinking of.)
- This week’s breads: Cherry Almond, Jalapeno Cheddar, and Nutty Irishman (plus the standard Original, Sesame, and Irish Oatmeal).
- Congratulations to Lynne, the winner of this week’s order feedback drawing and a $10 R&R gift card! As always, many thanks to all of you who have responded to the slips in your bags — we <3 feedback and we <3 you!
Scroll down for the full list of what we’ll have this week! Check out the website for everything we’ve got right now!
It’s pretty late, and I’ve spent the last few hours getting a round of lamb loaded onto the the website. I don’t have a lot left in me right now. Also, I’m hungry! We’ve got some chicken thighs thawing at home, and I’m hoping Dusty has a plan for them. One of my favorites is when he browns them on the stove, sautes some onions, and then lets both simmer with vinegar until the house is acrid but the chicken is tender and delicious. Well worth it (turn on that fan!). Maybe we’ll steam some potatoes in the Instant Pot at the same time, and toss them with a yogurt dressing and handfuls of herbs. Lightly steamed green beans for a green thing. If we both work on the prep, there should be enough downtime to drink a glass of wine on the patio while everything cooks.
On the other hand, for lunch today I had (Dusty made me) a tomato sandwich with a big juicy yellow heirloom tomato and goat cheddar on jalapeno cheddar bread and it was so good I’m not opposed to having another one (or two) for dinner. Highly recommended.
Heirlooms, in case you’re wondering, are back to BEAUTIFUL this week, and we’ve got a good supply of them. The red tomatoes from Village Acres are also looking extra deep red and juicy and PEAK. Really, the more I think about it, the more I recommend eating tomatoes for every meal while they’re here.
I should probably take my own advice! I haven’t made gazpacho yet this summer, and we have some urgent use cucumbers and lots of peppers, and it would be fast and go well with, well, anything. It’s not tomatoes, but I also haven’t made the watermelon salad with olive oil and salt and basil.
I don’t want to panic anyone (myself included), but we probably need to be working on those summer bucket lists!
P.S. Just to be clear — I don’t think tomatoes are disappearing super soon! But the season is turning, and peaches are gone, and you know, I’m getting pre-wistful, or something like that.