A few quick things:
- Want to receive this list via email each week? Sign up here.
- This week: OPEN TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY (7am-6pm), closed Thursday, then open as normal Friday (7am-6pm) and Saturday (7am-4pm).
- Great deals on sweet potatoes and collard greens continue! (Both 25% off regular pricing.) We’ve also got loads of regular potatoes, squash, cranberries, and all the food you need to eat on other days, too.
- We do not have loads of brussels sprouts. As a thank you to our loyal readers, we’re giving you first dibs — they’ll be available by pre-order only through Wednesday. If we’ve got any left (doubt it) after that, they’ll be on display on Friday.
- Normal produce list is below, but since hours and deliveries are a little off this week, we’ve also compiled an expanded list with more detail about availability; if you’re planning your trip to the market around particular items, you may want to check it out.
- We have a couple extra turkeys available — if you procrastinated, or your plans changed, or you just want to make another turkey, talk to us!
- A week with two Fridays? We’re pretending it is: join us on Wednesday from 5pm-6pm for Beaujolais (nouveau) and prosecco. Then come back on actual Friday for some holiday cheer in the form of eggnog (spiked or not).
Scroll down for the full list of what we’ll have this week!
You guys. It’s a crazy life. When I wrote this post last year, you didn’t know yet that we were building a store. A couple weeks later, The Burg wrote an article, and the cat was out of the bag. But as of Thanksgiving, I was writing this post, immersed in trying to figure out where we would put All The Things and how we would do All The Business in Very Few Hours, and feeling really grateful — but I couldn’t tell you! — that it would be our last Thanksgiving in such a small space with such limited hours! Well. That didn’t quite work out as I thought.
So now I’m tempted to be really grateful that this will definitely be our last Thanksgiving without a store, but even though it feels like we are really close, I do not want to tempt fate.
Instead, I’ll choose to focus on my gratitude for the extra space we were able to take on inside the market; for your unflagging support of us and of the local farmers and producers we work with; and for our incredible staff, who work hard every week, but who really blew me away this past weekend, as you all shattered our one-day sales record and they hustled to keep up. It was a delight to work with people doing a job well, with joy and enthusiasm, even alongside the exhaustion. 🙂
I hope you felt some delight and joy, too, even if you had to wait in line a little longer than normal — or maybe because you had to wait in line a little longer than normal, and got to chat with a neighbor or a new friend while you waited? Even if waiting in line isn’t your thing, and even if there are bigger burdens in your life than waiting in line (I’m sure there are), I hope you’ll take the reminder this week to look for joy and delight — for gratitude, even.
And me? I’ll just say it again — the very same life that sometimes feels so crazy also leaves me in grateful awe of our staff, of the growers and bakers and pickle makers who keep our shelves stocked, and of you. I think we are so lucky to have each other.
NOTE: Several of these items are available in limited quantities, or won’t arrive until sometime Tuesday — please check our extended availability list for more info!
- Collard Greens
- Green Curly Kale
- Urgent Use Spinach
- Cranberries! (not local)
- Fuji Apples
- Granny Smith Apples
- Semi-Urgent Use Dill
- Lions Mane
- Red Onions
- Yellow Onions
- White Onions
- Brussels Sprouts by pre-order only
- Romanesco Cauliflower
- Gold Potatoes
- Red Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Purple Sweet Potatoes
- Gold Beets
- Red Beets
- Rainbow Carrots
- French Breakfast Radishes
- Purple-Top Turnips
- Mesclun Mix
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Butternut Squash
- Delicata Squash
- Spaghetti Squash
- McGrath’s Original
- Sesame Original
- Pumpkin & Butter Pan Bread (Tues & Weds only)
- Irish Oatmeal (Fri & Sat only)
- Everything Bread
- American Harvest
- Baguettes (frozen only)