A few quick things:
- Want to receive this list via email each week? Sign up here.
- If you want to read more about our trip to Barcelona, click here.
- Piopinno mushrooms make their first R&R appearance this week. They’re reputed to be super tasty.
- A very limited number of ugly peaches is here this week — and then that’s it.
- In the “it’s okay it’s fall” category — Pumpkin Ginger bread makes its seasonal debut!
- Being in vacation-recovery mode, I’m looking forward to kale, big salads, and maybe some French breakfast radishes. Along with finally getting to try the Robin’s Koginut!
- This week’s staff pick: Grandview Granolas, selected by yours truly!
Scroll down for the full list of what we’ll have this week!
It might only be 8:30, but…it feels like 2:30 to my tired/jet-lagged body! Just the quick things this week (unless you want to read Part One of my ramblings about Barcelona), and the list, etc, below!
This week’s Staff Pick from Julia
Grandview Granola (Just Right & Blueberry Crumb) – normally $7.75 and $8; this week $6.58 and $6.80
My pick, really and truly, is the Just Right blend from Grandview Granola. But since maybe not everyone’s taste is the same, both it and the Blueberry Crumb are on sale. What I love most about the Just Right is — and I know this is weird — the salt. I don’t mean to say that it’s a salty granola — it’s just the right amount of sweet to greet you in the morning (or by the handful in the afternoon), with a wonderful clean richness coming from the coconut oil it’s all roasted in — but there’s also a little pop of saltiness that really takes it to the next level. Gives it dimension. Helps you feel like this granola is reinforcing you for the day ahead, not setting you up for a sugar crash in an hour and a half. And it does reinforce you for the day ahead. I like it with just a little bit of milk, and then to drink the milk at the end, but if I want a little extra protein to start the day, I’ll have it with some Keswick yogurt instead. It’s got all the good stuff, and it’s freaking delicious. Just Right, indeed.
- Green Beans
- Green Curly Kale
- Honeycrisp Apples
- Grimes Golden Apples
- Ugly Peaches (IPM)
- Lions Mane
- Red Onions
- Sweet Onions
- White Onions
- Japanese Eggplant
- Red & Yellow Bell Peppers
- Mixed Hot Peppers
- Habanada Peppers (very limited quantity)
- Aji Dulce Mild Habanada Peppers
- Shishito Peppers
- Yummy Snack Peppers
- Russian Fingerling Potatoes
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Red Beets
- French Breakfast Radishes
- Baby Red Russian Kale (limited quantities)
- Lettuce Mix (very limited quantities)
- Mesclun Mix (limited quantities)
- Romaine Lettuce
- Delicata Squash
- Robin’s Koginut (butternut-like)
- Spaghetti Squash
- Sungold Cherry Tomatoes
- Mixed Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Slicing Tomatoes
- McGrath’s Original
- Sesame Original
- Whole Wheat Pan Bread
- Parmesan Olive Herb
- Pumpkin Ginger
- Baguettes (fresh Saturday only; available frozen every day)