- Want to receive this list via email? Sign up here.
- I forgot to mention last week, we got a beef re-stock, so steaks, chuck roasts, and more have returned. (While supplies last.)
- We’ll have a very small supply of ground cherries this week — maybe too small to make display space for. If you’re interested, just ask. (R, if you’re reading this, we’ll save you a pint.)
- Concord grapes make their debut. The walk-in smells like grapes right now. Dusty says they’re really good. (They’re also certified organic!)
- Fall chugs on, but no frost yet, so we’ve still got peppers: bell, yummy snack, jalapeno, habanero, poblano, Carmen di Toro, and, my favorite, habanada.
- Fall chugs on, and Pumpkin Ginger bread makes it debut. Oh, how I love this bread.
Scroll down for the full list of what we’ll have this week!
Well, guys…. I wrote the “quick things” above, and then Dusty got a phone call inviting us to go to the Millworks for dinner. As we sat down in the courtyard, I said to our dining companions, “I still have a bunch of work to do tonight; this is definitely the irresponsible choice.” And now, almost four hours later, here I am, returning to my computer. So, even though I finally got the habanada confit recipe to a point worth documenting (smallest baking dish you can; oil halfway up the sides; 300 degrees, 90 minutes, stir every 20 minutes), I’m not going to actually document it in a meaningful way, and I’m not going to write anything else. I’m full/satisfied, and have maybe had a little too much wine to be fully coherent.
P.S. The “North African spiced beef” was ground beef with lots of grated ginger & turmeric, onions, garlic, (small quantities from here) clove, nutmeg, coriander, and cayenne, and was inspired this New York Times Cooking recipe (which may require a login/subscription): https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12763-north-african-meatballs
P.S.S. The pork chop entree on the menu at the Millworks right now is really bangin’.
- Green Beans
- Bok Choy
- Green Curly Kale
- Red Russian Kale
- Young Spinach
- Gala Apples (certified organic)
- Honeycrisp Apples (IPM)
- Concord Grapes
- Ground Cherries (on request!)
- Mixed Herbs (Sage, Rosemary, Thyme)
- Red Onions
- Yellow Onions
- Chedder Cauliflower
- Fennel Bulbs
- Mixed Bell Peppers
- Carmen di Toro Sweet Frying Peppers
- Yummy Snack Peppers
- Habanadas (heatless habaneros)
- Poblano Peppers
- Russian Fingerling Potatoes
- Red Fingerling Potatoes
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Red Beets
- Gold Beets
- Rainbow Carrots
- Baby Red Russian Kale
- Lettuce Mix
- Mesclun Mix
- Ruby Streaks Mustard Greens!
- Romaine Lettuce
- McGrath’s Original
- Sesame Original
- Country Rye Pan Bread
- Three Seed
- Pumpkin Ginger
- Jalapeno Cheddar
- Baguettes (fresh Saturday only; available frozen every day)