Work for us
We’re hiring! We’re looking for one reliable, service-oriented, industrious, quick-thinking, and food-loving person to join us for approximately 25-30 hours per week.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Passionate about good food – especially local/seasonal food – with skills and knowledge to match, or eagerness and ability to learn
- Reliable and hardworking, self-managing and problem-solving
- Personable, friendly, and welcoming; able to easily engage with a wide variety of people, and to co-exist with co-workers in a physically tight space
- Quick-learning, quick-thinking, quick-doing, and flexible
- Able to quickly and accurately ring up customers and make change
- Able to stand for 8+ hours/day, and lift 30-50 lbs
- Able and willing to cook with, eat, and talk about products across R&R’s offerings
- $10/hour to start with review after eight weeks
- Paid time off (equivalent to two weeks/year)
- 15% discount on stand purchases
- $25/week food credit
- Access to additional food through spare CSA shares, inventory remaining at the end of the week, etc.
- A challenging, dynamic, fun, and supportive work environment
The job involves offering an exceptional customer experience through quality service and goods. Specifically, time is spent:
- Prepping produce for sale (weighing salad mix, bagging potatoes, etc)
- Stocking/re-stocking & merchandising displays and monitoring backstock levels
- Loading inventory in and out of the market, involving heavy boxes and an often-heavy push cart
- Cleaning, including dusting, glass cleaning, sweeping, dishes, etc
- In time — Assisting customers, working register, cutting cheese, and slicing bread
Exact schedule varies from week to week. Most shifts are 6-8 hours during the following times: Wednesday afternoons (1pm-6pm), Thursdays (6:30am-6:30pm), Fridays (6:45am-6:30pm), and Saturdays (6:45am-5:30pm).
Beginning sometime in 2020, there will be an increased opportunity/need for additional hours and potentially expanded job responsibilities.
Note: This opening is at our stand at the Broad Street Market and not related to our upcoming expansion.